Dear Beloved Parishioners and Guests,
Do you realize this is the last Sunday of August and, soon, so very soon we are back in the full swing of things? The various organizational meetings, the recommencement of our parish programs, and the many celebrations that we are preparing for…. Let us resolve to make this a wonderful, peaceful, prayerful year!
Summer is a time to share some special gems of knowledge and inspiration:
Can we truly say the Our Father?
- I cannot say “OUR” if my religion has no room for others or their needs.
- I cannot say “FATHER” if I do not demonstrate this relationship in my daily life.
- I cannot say “WHO ART IN HEAVEN” if all my interests and pursuits are early things.
- I cannot say “HALLOWED BE THY NAME” if I called by His name, am not holy.
- I cannot say “THY WILL BE DONE” if I am unwilling to give up my own sovereignty and accept the religious reign of God.
- I cannot say “GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD” without expending honest effort for it or by ignoring the genuine needs of my fellow man.
- I cannot say “FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US” if I continue to harbour a grudge against anyone.
- I cannot say “DELIVER US FROM EVIL” if I am not prepared to fight in the spiritual realm with the weapon of prayer.
- I cannot say “THINE IS THE KINGDOM” if I do not give the King the disciplined obedience of a loyal subject.
- I cannot say “FOREVER” if I am too anxious about each day’s affairs.
- I cannot say “AMEN” unless I honestly say, “Come what may, this is my prayer.
And now for the reminder: Sept. 7th, Friday, 7:00 PM – Special service for young families and their children with the Patriarch Sviatoslav, a 41 year old who is the supreme leader of our Ukrainian Catholic Church. Call quickly for free tickets!
May we encourage all of you to enjoy what is left of the summer and return well-relaxed, recharged and rejuvenated! May the good Lord bless all our upcoming celebrations!